Michael E. Boring
Michael Boring is an experienced attorney and litigator with a wide variety of experience in the areas of Agribusiness, Agricultural Cooperative Law, Contract Disputes, Grain Delivery Contracts, Products Liability, and Employment Law. He is also an experienced criminal attorney. Not only has Michael litigated numerous complex cases and holds significant civil and criminal trial experience, but he also provides clients with counsel on business formation, contract negotiation and training to avoid litigation exposure.
Born and raised in Shelby County, Indiana, Michael worked there on his family’s diversified grain and livestock farm, founded in 1853. He and his three sons currently live on the family’s rural farm in Shelby County where they are the 6th generation of the Boring family to reside there. His dedication to the business and agricultural community is rooted in his farming background, as well as his family’s agricultural and business history in Indiana.
Selected Civil and Business Litigation Experience
- Merlin Martin vs. Midland Impact Cooperative: Products liability suit against regional cooperative. Michael successfully obtained a verdict for his client, the Cooperative.
- Represented a large commercial farming operation in complex litigation involving a contract dispute with a multi-national popcorn company.
- Represented a large agricultural cooperative in multi-million-dollar litigation and multiple week trial to obtain judgment in favor of the client.
- Shelby County Co-op vs. Bruce Wright Oil: Litigated and tried case to judgment to collect substantial sums due on account.
- Represented an employee in a work-related federal employment discrimination litigation against a prior employer.
- Represented numerous Regional Agricultural Cooperatives in multi-million-dollar lawsuits involving breach of contract, the Uniform Commercial Code, Secured Transactions, and pursuit and attachment of property after obtaining judgment.
- Canner vs. AWI: Successfully defended a corporation in a jury trial where employee alleged wrongful termination and retaliatory discharge.
Selected Personal Injury Experience
- Successfully represented numerous individuals and families in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
- Obtained numerous substantial judgments in favor of client in cases involving accidents where client sustained physical injury and property damage.
- Magna Cum Laude – Georgia State College of Law, 2003
- Top 1% of Law School Graduating Class
- Fellow, Georgia State College of Law Tax Clinic, 2001-2003
- Magna Cum Laude – Taylor University, 1998
- Indiana State Bar Association – Agricultural Law Section, Business Law Section and Young Lawyer Section
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section
- Hancock County Bar Association
- Shelby County Bar Association
- Indiapolis Bar Association
- Southeast Neighborhood Development: Served on the Board of Directors as Fundraising Committee Chair
- New Palestine Area Chamber of Commerce
- Capital Campaign: Redeemer Presbyterian Church